The Swanky Monkey

My life, My hobby

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Slouchy Beanie Hat

























I slightly altered the original pattern. I use Lily Sugar 'N Cream, in Sage Green. It is a 4-ply, with an I-hook. I added two rows from the original pattern on row 5-16 ( the original called for 5-14). I worked in the round. It took me about three hours to complete, and I used a little over one skein.

Chain 2
Round 1: Chain 3 (this counts as 1st dc). Make 11 dcs in 2nd chain from hook (to finish with 12 stitches).
Round 2: do 2 dcs in every stitch (24 stitches).
Round 3: do 2 dcs in every stitch (48 stitches). (These are drastic increases to encourage the ‘gathered’ effect.)
Round 4: Increase 1 stitch in every other stitch. (e.g. 2 dcs in 1st stitch; 1 dc in 2nd; 2dcs in 3rd; 1 in 4th and so on) (72).
Rounds 5-16: do 1 dc in every stitch (72). Keep checking against your head size and stop if you think it’s getting too long, or carry on more rounds if you prefer the hat to be longer!
Round 15: Decrease after every 6th stitch (i.e. do 7th & 8th stitches together) (64).
Round 16: Decrease after every 5 stitches (i.e. do 6th & 7th stitches tog) (56).
Round 17: 1 dc in every stitch (56).
Round 18: Use Single Crochet. Decrease after every 10th stitch (11th & 12th tog) (52).
Round 19: SC 52 stitches all round. Join & cut. Weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment